3.07.2013

Review: Hard Candy - Jubilee & Fantasy Makers - Once Upon a Time

Today I have swatches of Hard Candy's latest new polishes called Jubilee to show you.  For some reason I decided to pair it with a nail polish I haven't used for a while that is also a glitter polish, Fantasy Makers Once Upon a Time.

I love how much glitter is packed into these small bottles and not to mention jelly base!  
It is your choice to have a base color and place these on top or use it by itself.  Of course over a base coat. 

Fantasy Makers - Once Upon a Time came out last year during Halloween and I have rarely used it since then.  I decided to go with using just that nail polish instead of having a base color underneath it.  I actually like it without a base color for some reason.  The glitters seriously pack a punch and I only did two coats of the polish.


I think the reason why I love this glitter so much and made me realize I should use it more often is because it reminds me of blood droplets.  I love horror and gore!  Once Upon a Time is a dark grey jelly, which is sheer, that is surprisingly packed with red hex and small coarse glitter.  It glides on real smoothly.


The new packaging on these Hard Candy nail polishes are so sleek.  Easier to store in a drawer since it does not take a lot of space.  Jubilee was one of those "Should I get it or not" sort of bottles for me.  I knew I wanted it for what reasons?  No clue!  It was a total FiS moment of it.


Jubilee has a sheer green jelly base with large black and gold hex glitter, fine coarse black glitter, orange-red bar glitter.  The application was very easy and you do not have to fish out for glitter pieces.  It packs a punch and you could build upon it.  On my hands I did only two coats of it by itself.

To me it reminds me of a swampy marsh or that moment after it rains the leaves on the grass with twigs or dead pine needles lying on the grass.


In the above picture from left to right:

  • One coat of Jubilee
  • Two coats of Jubilee
  • One coat of Jubilee over a lime green cream polish (Love & Beauty Lime)
As much as I like this polish there is a bad side to it.  After applying a top coat over my nails, in this case it was Sech Vite, I discovered some of the tips on the bar glitters did not want to stay flat at all.  It actually decided to poke out a bit.  Not a massive amount and easy fix just clip it off carefully.  Even after two coats of the top coat it still would not stay down leading me to clip off the part that was sticking out.

You could find the Hard Candy Jubilee at Walmart for about $4 pending on your area.  Have you picked up any Hard Candy polishes yet?  What do you think about these two polishes?

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day!